By Alan Philippe on Jul 02, 2011
Are you wearing the same make-up in 2011 that you wore in 2001?
Will the fashion police be knocking on your door this month?
Here are 20 top tips and quick fashion fixes to revamp your style this summer to follow fashion, stay in style and on trend throughout the season.
1. Bring the corsage back. Put it on your neckline like Carrie in “Sex and The City” in the episode when she dates Mr Politico. Adorn it to your hair, clip it to your waist of even attach it to your shoes. Go for daring colours to make a statement for a fabulous SATC look.
2. Layer your T-shirts – “Scrubs” has been doing it for years. It’s time we started too as block colours are sometimes hard for us to get used to.
3. Wear red as a statement piece. It’s also fabulous for lifting your tan.
4. Follow Jennifer Lopez’s style and invest in a tangerine lipstick or lip gloss.
5. Keep nail varnish bold. Colours of the moment are purple, yellow, blue and tangerine.
6. Experiment with your eye make-up. MAC do a green mascara and Benefit do mascara in both purple and blue.
7. Invest in Clinique’s Chubby Stick – this is a moisturising lip balm in enough shades to suit all skin types.
8. When it comes to perfume, experiment with Kim Kardashian’s debut fragrance released just recently on 8 June.
9. Wear more than one ring on each finger. We don’t suggest you turn into Mr T but mix and match is the way to go.
10. Forget mixing white with black. Dig out your tans for the ultimate colour combo.
11. Upgrade floral prints to tropical prints.
12. Invest in funky tights – patterns and colours – to wear with one colour outfits.
13. Ditch silver for gold which goes amazingly with this season’s hot block colours.
14. Occasionally ditch your skinny jeans for western flares on the weekend.
15. Revamp your espadrilles replacing laces with bright colours. Again tangerine is a good look as are dark purples and electric blues.
16. Invest in fabric dye (Dylon sells machine washable colours for only £4.95). Use this to give your white jeans a revived look in pale pink, light tangerines or lilac or even refresh your black jeans with a darker colour.
17. Hem your skinny jeans to above just ankle length for that extra summer sizzle. If uncomfortable rocking the look with high heels Miss Kurt Geiger are selling to die for sandals at only £55 in a myriad of colours and sequins fit for day and night.
18. Keeping with the sequinned theme, invest in a sequinned bolero which can be dressed down or up. Our favourite this season is a white multicoloured sequinned gold trim cardigan from Miss Selfridge for £95.
19. Use scarves in the loops of your denim shorts choosing bright and bold colours and patterns.
20. When not using your scarf in your shorts, this doubles up as a scarf accessory for your hair for those bad hair days.
I hope these fashion ideas give you plenty of inspiration to look your best this summer. If you have any feedback or style suggestions of your own, please feel free to comment below or send a tweet to @CityConnectNews.
Images reproduced from emmagem.com, designer-shoes.me.uk, shopstyle.com, superstarmagazine.com, celebitchy.com
© 2011, City Connect News.