Hair Straightener - Top 10 Tips to Know While Using Hair Straightener
Most of the hair saloons offer hair straightening services today; however it may not be possible for everyone to visit the salon every time hair straightening has to be done. This is why it is better for one to buy one of the many flat iron hair straighteners to straighten hair at home.
1. The price is an important point to consider when buying hair straighteners. There is no point in buying a very expensive hair straightener. Something like the Sedu flat iron which is available at $130 is a decent deal.
2. It is always better to buy lighter hair straighteners having ergonomic designs which make it easy for you to use everyday. Some of the best straightening irons weigh about a pound.
3. Choose the hair straightener according to your hair type. Most hair lengths need a hair iron of width 1.5"; however if you have long hair, buy one with wider plates.
4. When buying a hair straightener, take the plat type into consideration. It is always better to buy professional ceramic hair straighteners as they assure no heat damage when used properly.
5. The heating time for the hair straightener should help you decide on buying the right hair straightener. Choose one where you can adjust the temperature, or at least have more than three temperature levels in it.
6. When using a hair straightener, check the heat distribution of the hair straightener as hair irons with uneven temperatures on the plates only lead to poor straightening of hair or damaged hair.
7. It is not advisable to use the hair straightener everyday, when you don't need it. This may damage hair. Use only when needed and give at least a weekly break to your hair.
8. Make sure that your hair is dry when you use a hair straightener as water and electricity don't go well together. There is a chance of your hair burning here too.
9. Don't use hair straighteners with low temperatures as it will not let your style last through the day.
10. It is advisable to use hair oils as protection to your hair periodically as excessive use of hair straighteners will lead to drying of hair.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/649956