Brittle and weakare a common malady. Taking proper care of them can strengthen weakfingernails. As a result, nails’ cuticles too emerge giving a healthy look. The following article discusses the top 5 ways to strengthen weak fingernails.
Here are the top 5 ways to strengthen weak fingernails:
- Avoid Overexposure to Water – Excess exposure of your nails in water can dry them out. Avoid spending lot of time with your hands in water. Make sure you wear gloves to protect your hands. Also apply a good quality hand lotion or cream and rub it well to your nails and cuticles.
- Don’t use your Nails as Tools – If you have to unscrew a screw, remove a splinter or peel off a sticker, use proper tool instead of your nails. Using nails can build stress on them causing them to peel, tear or split.
- File your Nails and don’t Saw them – When you are shaping your nails, do not rub your nails back and forth with an emery board or buffer repeatedly as it causes damage to your nails. Instead drag the emery board in one direction and also do not apply much pressure. Also avoid filing your nails often as the surface of nails can wear down making them very thin. Use the smooth polishing side to file your nails.
- Don’t Nibble – Avoid biting your nails as it affects their strength and health. While biting your nails you are even exposing them to water present in your saliva repeatedly. This can dry out your nails. Stay away from this habit and also make a habit of applying a good quality hand cream or lotion to keep your nails shiny and moistened.
- Choose Good Nail-Aid Formulas – Use good quality nail care treatments to harden, grow, repair and protect their natural sheen. Always opt for formulas that are non-toxic and non-irritating. Leave them unbitten, moisturize them regularly and shape them gently.
These are the top 5 ways to strengthen weak fingernails. Following these measures can protect your nails and keeps them healthy and shiny.