DRY & OILY SKIN TREATMENT TIPS
Of all skin types, combination skin is the most common but managing combination skin can be quite a balancing act. Generally, the T-zone (the forehead, down the nose and on the chin) produces excess oil and occasional blemishes. At the same time, less oil is produced in the cheek, eye and neck areas, causing possible dryness, tightness and flaky patches.
As with other skin types and conditions, the cause of combination skin appears to be genetic. However, lifestyle, stress, diet and the environment can contribute to the imbalance. In addition, climate changes can cause combination skin to be drier during the cold, windy months and shinier with more breakouts during warmer, more humid seasons.
The Skin Test
- Does your skin experience more oil and blemishes on the forehead, nose and chin than other areas?
- Does your skin feel normal or dry and tight on your cheek and eyes areas?
- Is your skin drier in the winter and oilier in the summer?
- Does your makeup become blotchy in the T-zone and disappear on your cheeks?
Tips and Techniques for Combination: Oily Skin and Dry Skin
- Daily gentle cleansing and exfoliating with a natural exfoliant such as glycolic acid will help remove dulling skin cells that contribute to dry skin and can clog pores in the oily T-zone.
- Use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that is non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) which will moisturize the drier areas without contributing to excess oil in the T-zone.
- Apply a gentle cleansing masque once a week to the T-zone. Ingredients such as natural clays, vitamin A and enzymes help to remove pore clogging oil and skin cells—the cause of skin breakouts.
- Use an additional moisturizer or hydrating masque that contains strengthening antioxidants more often during harsh, winter months.
- Avoid sun exposure and apply a physical sunscreen containing zinc oxide daily with a minimum SPF 15.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated.
- Use oil-free, non-comedogenic makeup which will not clog pores in the oily T-zone.
The following is a recommended treatment for oily & dry Skin with Intaglio Skin Care Products: Glycolic Acid 4 step process:
- Cleanse – Intaglio AHA Glycolic Facial Body Cleanser-3 – cleans, exfoiliates the skin. Contains glycolic acid.
- Correct – Intaglio AHA Glycolic Resurfacing Gel-15 – diminishes lines and exfoliates and Intaglio Antioxidant Replenishing Toner restores skins natural pH level and eliminates bacteria on the skin.
- Hydrate – Intaglio AHA Glycolic Day Lotion-10 – restores skins moisture while preventing excess oil buildup also contains SPF 15. Intaglio Antioxidant Hydrating Moisturizer – recommended for dry skin, contains powerful antioxidants to smooth and refine fine lines.
- Protect – Use a SPF of minimum of 15 (protects from environmental factors)
Advanced Products for Oily & Dry Skin:
- Intaglio Antioxidant Vitamin A Emollient: Oil-free and lightweight reveals younger-looking skin. Doubles the cell turnover rate.
- Intaglio Antioxidant Vitamin C Emollient: Diminishes skin discolorations. Highly concentrated serum formulated to deliver Vitamin C topical therapy to the skin.
- Intaglio Antioxidant Rejuvenating Mask to eliminate oily shine & diminish enlarged pores