How to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
There is a road from the eye to heart that does not go through the intellect: G. K. Chesterton
There is absolutely no doubt that our eyes get more attention than any other feature on our face. Big, beautiful eyes can add so much as far as looks are concerned.
We have an advantage of using makeup and enhance our features, exactly the way we desire. Making up for the imperfections that you might possess, is definitely an art which you can master over time. Mentioned below are some tips that will help you to enhance your beautiful eyes.
Tips to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger• Eyebrows play an important part in framing your eyes and face. Inappropriately shaped, over or under tweezed brows will spoil the entire look. So in order to get that perfect eye look the first and foremost step is to get your brows professionally shaped.
• Start by concealing your under eye dark circles. Apply eye shadow primer on your lids.
• Use light coloured eye shadows on your lids. In the very centre of your eye lid dab a shimmery eye shadow. Choose colours that suit your skin tone. You can go for colours like champagnes, ivorys or light pinks.
• Now, apply a medium contour shade in the crease of your eye lid. You can lightly sweep it in an upward direction (towards your brow bone). You can apply the same contour shade to the outer edge of your lid, or can go for a shade darker. Avoid a dramatic look as it will do no good for your small eyes. But, you can slightly smudge a dark shadow underneath the lower lash line for that extra oomph.
• Now, comes the trickiest part i.e. the application of eyeliner. They are the key in creating bigger and more enticing eyes. While applying your eyeliner stay as close to your lashes as possible. Start by drawing a thin line of eyeliner to the inner rim of the upper lid and then gradually thicken it as you move out, finish the look by gently sweeping it up at the outer corner of your eye. Avoid using very dark and heavy liner as it will make your eyes look smaller.
• Always curl your lashes before applying your mascara. This step will instantly open up your eyes. Apply some layers of mascara, using upward strokes, on the top lashes. Though, applying mascara on the lower lashes is a big no for many yet, you can go ahead and try it. For some mascara on the lower lashes can make a whole lot of difference in the look. Apply and see for yourself.